Safer in Sport
The Safer in Sport Programme has been developed between Active Norfolk and the Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board. We have developed a pack that provides advice, information and training on all aspects around safeguarding children, child protection, policies and procedures.
What do we get if we join?
For your £30 a year registration you receive:
- A comprehensive resource pack containing everything a group needs in respect of safeguarding children.
- Access to the Safer Programme Coordinator for tailored advice and information
- Updated information on legislation, guidance, policies and procedures
- A free check on your policies and procedures in order to gain a Safer Certificate annually
- 4 potential free training places detailed below
Training Places included in membership;
- 1 x place on an Active Norfolk Safeguarding Course – here
How do I become a member?
It's simple. Download the membership form here and email or post it to email@example.com or the address on the form. We will then arrange for your Safer Pack to be delivered to you.
Any questions please contact Ellen Vanlint at Active Norfolk on 01603 731566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or speak directly to Safer Team - email@example.com or call 01603 228966, 01603 222209 or 01603 223409.
Safer In Sport coronavirus update: 16 April 2020
Dear Safer Programme Members
- As a reminder we will not be billing organisations for their membership for the time being. We will work out a way to make this fair to all once we know more about what is happening with the lockdown situation. If you have any questions about this please do let me know.
- If you are due refresher safeguarding training we will be extending the period by 6 months. So if your refresher is due anytime March onwards we will add 6 months onto this until the end of the lockdown. Rest assured we will put on more courses to ensure you can all continue to access the Safer training when life resumes and begins to look a little more like normal.
- New starters. If you are recruiting volunteers or staff and need safeguarding training in the meantime please let us know. There are packages we can deliver virtually according to need. Please get in touch with us and we'll happily talk to you about what is needed and how we can help you.
- The wider NSCP multi agency training will be looking to put on 'bite sized' online/interactive training in the near future. These will be on topics very pertinent to what is happening and our way of working in safeguarding at this present time. We will make sure you all as member have access to these training topics. Again if you have any questions please do not hesitate to give me a call or email.
- We had planned to send out guidance on both children accessing general online content and also how to deliver and make any online contact you have with children safer. However the NSPCC have put together some really good resources
Online Safer Members Meeting
- Would there be any interest in a online (via Zoom) question and answer session about safeguarding? This would be hosted by us here at the Safer Programme and would last a maximum of an hour. If you are interested in this please contact us at safeguarding advice for the volunteer responders to Covid-19. Please have a look. We'll be adding to this website in coming weeks.
- If you are interested in volunteering in your local community please visit the Norfolk County Council and Voluntary Norfolk website
- I thought it would be useful to highlight the work of the fabulous Norfolk Safeguarding Adults Board. We work closely with the NSAB, they have a great website and twitter feed so please do go and have a look at their response to Covid-19 and work in general. Their twitter handle is @NorfolkSAB
The Safer Programme team wish you all well and remember we are here if you need to talk over anything.
Norfolk Safeguarding Children Partnership Safer Programme Co-ordinator